Friday, October 7, 2011

Photo Blog of Mindo

Mindo was so beautiful, peaceful and relaxing.While in Mindo, Amy and I went on a chocolate tour, hiking  up to Cascada Nambilla, the largest of seven waterfalls there, went to a butterfly garden (which also had hummingbirds), went tubing in the river, and Amy went zip-lining. I stood on the sidelines for that one! In this photo blog, I hope you get a tiny slice of just how beautiful this litte town was. I also hope to add a couple of video clips to this blog as well. Unfortunately, I am unable to do it now because the place where I´m currently using the internet doesn´t have the capacity to upload the clips! Hopefully, in the next few days I can get them up!


Now, I know why Mindo is also called the Cloud Forest


Hiking



Amy swam like a little fish in that freezing water!






We got to see a butterfly hatch from his cocoon. Afterwards, they slowly exercise their wings for a good 30 minutes before being ready to take flight.
We learned that butterflies have a life expectancy of about a 1 month. But the larva takes about 3 to 4 months to become a butterfly. Crazy!




Lenin, a nice Ecuadorian we hung out with 

Emilio, equally nice and super funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment